BAYLOR17-3, 0-0 Big 12
Ranking: 11 - Coaches, 13 - ESPN
Last Game: March 10, 2018 (Lynchburg, Va.) win at Liberty, 9-0 (6)
Head Coach: Glenn Moore (Northwestern State, 1993)
Career Record: 856-368 (21st season)
BU Record: 717-326 (18th season)
vs. Texas State: 16-9
17-7, 2-0 Sun Belt
Ranking: RV - Coaches, NR - ESPN
Last Game: March 13, 2018 (San Marcos) win vs. Incarnate Word (6-3)
Head Coach: Ricci Woodard (New Mexico State, 1991)
Career Record: 616-387-1 (18th season)
LU Record: 616-387-1 (18th season)
vs. BU: 9-16
• Baylor ends a 32-day, 17-game drought from Getterman Stadium, returning to Waco for a midweek contest with in-state rival, Texas State, on Wednesday evening.
• Wednesday’s game is the seventh of the season against a team that is either ranked or receiving votes in either of the two national polls, with the Bobcats checking in as the 28th team by votes received in the week six NFCA/USA Today Coaches Poll.
• Baylor’s extended stretch away from home included a 10-day, 11-game trip over spring break, with BU going 7-3 and notching wins over No. 18/17 Louisiana and at No. 21 Long Beach State.
• Baylor will face Texas State for the 56th time in the all-time series, with BU holding a 38-17 edge in the series entering Wednesday night’s game.
• Baylor is 22-8 all-time against the Bobcats in Waco and 16-9 in the Glenn Moore era.
• Baylor was handed a 1-0 loss in San Marcos in the last meeting with TXST, with All-American Bobcat pitcher Randi Rupp bottling up the Lady Bear offense and stealing a win from BU.
• Baylor is fresh off a five-game sweep of the Liberty Spring Classic, taking two each from Liberty and Delaware, as well as one from Ohio.
• The Baylor offense enjoyed an explosive week, highlighted by the continued success of Jessie Scroggins and the emergence of the power capabilities of Goose McGlaun.
• Scroggins hit .700 over the weekend’s tournament, including going a combined 8-for-8 over the final two games on Sunday.
• McGlaun launched all six of her season’s home runs over the nearly two-week road trip.
• Gia Rodoni was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week, going 4-0 over the week and spinning three complete games.
• Wednesday’s game will be live-streamed with HD video ($) for the first time in program history, with subscribers on BaylorBears.com/allaccess enjoying high definition video and enhanced streaming quality.
• Wednesday’s game will also be broadcast throughout the region, one of five games this season that will be picked up by ESPN Central Texas KRZI (99.1 FM/1660 FM). Fans outside of the broadcast area can join the game through the TuneIn app (search for Baylor IMG Network).
Season tickets, softball flex plans, and the Baylor All Sport Season passes are available, and single-game tickets are currently on sale. Get your tickets on BaylorBears.com/tickets or by calling 254-710-1000.
The Diamond Club is an exclusive support club that enhances the Baylor Softball program. Joining the Diamond Club allows you to get an insider look at Baylor softball. For more information on the Diamond Club, visit Baylor.edu/bearfoundation or call 254-710-2582.
Keep up with the team all season long by following Baylor Softball on the team's official Twitter (@BaylorSoftball), Facebook (Baylor Softball), and Instagram (@BaylorSoftball).